Dental Laser Treatment Options in Lehi
Bateman Aesthetic & Restorative Dentistry always makes an effort to stay at the forefront of dental technology and protocol. We do this because we want to provide all of our patients with the highest quality dental care possible.
One of the modern advancements that we are excited to offer is our soft-tissue dental laser.
What Can Bateman Aesthetic & Restorative Dentistry Do With Laser Dentistry?
Our office can use the soft-tissue dental laser for a number of treatments, including:
- Crown Lengthening | Many patients come to us with concerns about a gummy smile — or a smile that shows short teeth and a lot of gum. Crown lengthening can remove excess gum tissue to lengthen the amount of visible tooth surface. This results in a brighter, toothier smile.
- Gum Recontouring and Smile Shaping | In a similar vein to gummy smile concerns, laser dentistry can reshape your gumline, giving you the ideal smile you deserve.
- Frenectomy Procedures | There are several bands of tissue in the mouth, known as frenums or frenulums. The lingual frenum attaches your tongue to the bottom of your mouth. The labial frenum connects your top gums to your upper lip.
In normal circumstances, these are not problematic. However, sometimes these bands of tissue develop too tightly, and restrict the movement of your lips or tongue. When this happens, we can use our soft-tissue laser to perform a frenectomy, which shortens or removes the band of tissue.
- Gingivectomies | Gingivectomies remove gingival tissue, which is another way to describe gum tissue. This may be needed because of infection, damage due to gum disease, or a gummy smile.
- Periodontal Treatment | Dental lasers allow us to more effectively and efficiently clean away the harmful bacteria that causes gum disease. We can use them to get down below the gum line much more easily, and with less adjacent tissue damage than many other kinds of cleaning.
The Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Laser dentistry has been shown to complete many traditional dental treatments faster, more efficiently, and with less damage to surrounding tissues.
By using dental lasers for your frenectomy, crown lengthening, gummy smile, or more, you can expect:
- Faster healing times.
- Faster procedure times.
- Significantly less bleeding and inflammation.
- More accurate and precise procedure results.
- Completely clean and sterile treatment.
- In some cases, computer directed movements.
All of this is possible, with no major drawbacks to outweigh the benefits. Not every procedure can use the soft-tissue dental laser, but the ones that can are greatly improved.
Laser Dentistry FAQs
- Can you re-shape my gums? Yes! This treatment is very simple, and quite painless. With laser dentistry, we can help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
- How long will it take to look normal, after a laser procedure? Under normal circumstances, the healing process is well underway within two or three days. On rare occasions, it can even happen faster.
Talk to Us About Laser Dentistry at Bateman Aesthetic & Restorative Dentistry in Lehi
For any questions about soft-tissue laser dentistry, contact us today! We’ll be happy to talk you through the procedures, requirements, and options for laser dentistry treatments. Serving the Lehi, Highland, and Alpine, UT areas.